Monday 30 April 2012

make: tunisian crochet entrelac blanket

I have spent the last week and a half learning tunisian crochet. It is sort of a cross between knitting and crochet. You use a long crochet hook with a stopper on the end like a knitting needle. In regular crochet you pick up a stitch from your work and then lock it off with another loop, in tunisian crochet you pick up a whole row of stitches and then go back along the row locking them all off. Because you work back and forth on the same side you never need to tun your work which makes it quicker but also much easier when working with something like an afghan or blanket. I learnt the stitches using various youtube videos which are easy to find by just typing tunisian crochet.I did several little sample squares to practice which have now become little doll blankets and this is my first real tunisian crochet project.



I used this you tube video as instruction for the blanket, it is a very comprenhensive and easy to follow crochet along, she takes you through every step of the first 3 rounds and after that it is just repeating what you have already done. My blanket is about baby blanket size at the moment and I am just going to continue until I run out of wool.


Jo x 


No comments:

Post a Comment